- take a piece of watercolor paper
- glue down some magazine bits, or newspaper or some paper.
- take all your leftover little blobs of paint on your palette
- or pick three colors you love (or don’t!)
- and spread them all around
- use your brushes
- your hands
- a stick!
- draw back into the wet paint
- THEN, let it dry.
- Then SEE what you SEE, let your imagination soar…and start painting!
- Don’t overwork it, keep it fresh.
- Psst – if you get too much opaque paint on it and it covers some cool layers, spray some alcohol on it and wipe back. Magic!
- My piece you see here was totally a whim, but when dry, I looked at it and saw a vase and flowers (imagine me painting flowers! LOL) and just started negative painting out parts that I “saw” and voila…a fun little painting. Look closely and you’ll see a man’s face and a hand! Fun, eh?
|I’m not really sure this one is done yet, but very close.|
Blessings and Paint On! Joanie